Let's talk about...Jewellery adverts and Goldsmiths' entries development

12/28/2015

As you hopefully remember, I want to enter my past and current project to Goldsmiths' competition, so just before Christmas I was working a lot on getting my renderings done (we unfortunately can't get access to Matrix at home due to licensing issues), and getting my head around how to convey movement of my spinning pendant and how to show everything that needs to be shown - inspiration, exploded views and close ups as well as finished renderings on one sheet of A3 paper.
To start off I had a look at jewellery adverts. You might ask why would I look at adverts? Especially considering that it's competition, but if you really think about it, competition is just as much about selling your piece, or design as companies do in adverts, therefore, I felt it was a good starting point.



 Conclusion I came to after looking at these adverts - models. In jewellery adverts there is usually someone to wear the piece. There were some very creative ones from Harry Winston - the one with bird holding rings on its beak, and of course my favourite ones were from Van Cleef & Arpels -they are very clever with their visuals.

I've also looked at how to show movement of my pendant, through use of blur or stills showing moveable section in different positions.
 Then I started thinking about my visuals, and trying to find image  of the model with good resolution.
 Which is harder than it seems, actually - getting right image, so that you can manipulate it in Photoshop so that it looks like someone is wearing necklace and earrings is tricky.

 Originally, bracelet entry was supposed to be similar to pendant - face of the model transforming into object of my inspiration for the piece, but it just didn't look right, so I had to try different combinations out.


That's what I have so far - I'll probably leave it off, so I can look at them with clear eye.


That's all for today,

Stay golden!!!














Jewellery adverts and images noted as research belong to their rightful owners/creators.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook