Let's talk about...Design in context - bracelet development

12/09/2015

I'm quite happy with my progress this week - I did fair amount of CAD work and started printing models using Up! printer. They aren't perfect as Up! is much better for simple stuff and models rather than something as complex as my design. But it definitely gave me something to work from - I know now that I need to make joining wire much thicker and need to work on cut out pattern. But starting with CAD...

I chose one of the link designs and tried T-splines to recreate it - while I felt it was nice to try it out, I felt design was too flat and lacked fluidity. I understand T-splines bit better now, and while I see appeal of it, and how sometimes it's really great, I still feel unsure about it  - when it works great you can do some really good work, but when you have a lot of stuff to fix, it's bit confusing as to where even start.








 As a bit of side note - we have Christmas 3D printed decoration competition, and as part of that I've started doing some simple designs inspired by deer silhouette - and got a chance to print them out as well - I'll have to alter size of antlers as there's one point in which they are very thin, and think about how to hang them - I'll probably print out another one for competition and leave those for my own Christmas tree, because they are just too cute to hide in my sample box!



Stay golden!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook