Let's talk about...models, development and rendering The Phoenix Collection

8/11/2016

I'm happy to say that I made a substantial amount of development work and finally moved on to rendering the final collection. I was so focused on work that I nearly forgot about my birthday (9th August)! To celebrate good progress I scanned and photographed some of the things I've been working on, so today's post will be featuring models, more of my design development drawings, and a small sneak peak of final renderings.
Enjoy!













 Looking back at my process of rendering (in pictures) I'm quite surprised to notice that I don't have a single way of working. I sort of go back and forth between designs; I might do a bit of shading here or add some colour there. I generally add gouache highlights when all designs are drawn out and coloured in; but it's always pretty much  about whatever works for you.
 My main tips for anyone interested in rendering will be -  get templates to draw gems nicely, keep a scalpel close by when rendering in coloured pencil to ensure the tip is sharp, cover paper you're not currently working on so you don't smudge design. Listen to the music. Stay focused.


Stay golden!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook