Let's talk about...Rose Cascade set

9/27/2015

I mentioned Rose Cascade necklace before, and this post will be dedicated to showing you my design development progress for this project resulting in finished product.
With Design Development and Design Realisation being separate on this project, we had fairly long amount of time to make final pieces really good; furthermore a deep consideration of design in itself was very encouraged.

I've made 2 main inspiration mood boards picking out images that I truly loved on first one and then focusing more on the form and shape of wild rose and flowering almond as you can see on the second mood board.
I've looked at competitors - what was already done in jewellery, to see what new I could bring to the market. I've looked at existing trends in fashion and lifestyle to get broader perspective.
All the while I knew that I wanted to return back to combining traditional techniques such as forging with modern ones - like laser welding, and I knew I wanted to use pearls in my design. I started to pick out forms and shapes, playing with them to make them into a piece of jewellery - necklace that would be not only simple, but with beautiful form as well.
Inspired by the work of Peter Page, I thought it would be nice to make catch a part of the necklace rather than just an addition.
I played a lot with form of the forged neck piece, before trying it out in real life through models.
I decided to use square silver wire after discovering I liked its contrast with roses.
Recreating rose proved to be the most problematic - I knew what I wanted, but the models I made didn't look as I wanted them to look.
I liked saw pierced and domed model a lot, and pressing gave me a really nice texture.
Ultimately I decided on combination of pressing, saw piercing and doming, with pearl on the inside welded with silver wire.
Final model and rendering - I didn't use pearl for the catch after all, but other than that - stayed pretty close to design.
Part of the project was consideration into possible selling outlets - to do that I looked back at my target customer mood board.
Considered expansion into collection through creating a pair of earrings.
Rose Cascade - necklace and earrings set made from silver and pearls
That's all for now - I hope you enjoyed it, and
                                                     
                                                       Stay golden!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook