Let's talk about...Opal Auctions Jewellery Drawing Awards

11/24/2016

I've been mentioning recently an entry for the competition that I was working on, and today I'll finally explain about the competition and share with you, my design development.
Jewellery Drawing Awards is a competition organized by Opal Auctions and Gem Rock Auction, and rules are really straightforward - you simply needed to look through opals or any other gem on the website and design piece featuring your chosen gem/s. So you can see why I decided to enter!
As all my projects this one started with phase 1 - research.



 After looking at opals themselves, I've looked at some existing opal jewellery.




I've actually had a good idea of what I wanted to base my jewellery theme on - during summer holidays I was working on a drawing featuring Queen Titania from Midsummer Night's Dream, therefore I've decided to make a necklace inspired by it.



 After deciding on a theme I just started to do a lot of drawings.













 



The next post will be the process of rendering my design and final entry. 

Stay golden!!!





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hello my dear,

    I see your blog every day ... your blog is very useful for me and I love so much ...

    You can see also ..

    U.S. Auction Online is a full service private online company. Items are acquired from various

    agencies, credit departments, estates, foreclosures, legal establishments, liquidations, seized,

    and unsettled collections.

    Visit Now - http://www.usauctiononline.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook