Let's talk about...Kinetic jewellery design development

11/11/2015

So I finally got a chance to update blog with my design development for Goldsmiths' competition. Just as a reminder, the entry is supposed to be CAD design of sculptural 3-D piece with moving/mobile/moveable elements, and I've been working on kinetic jewellery.
This is collection of drawings I did as part of my design development - observational studies exploring inspirational shapes, forms and textures from my moodboard, sketches of potential design ideas, or elements of design.







So as you can see I did a lot of drawings before finally narrowing down my choices to spinning pendant and pendant with re-moveable studs. I didn't feel stronger about either of these two ideas, and being as indecisive as I often am I've decided to combine these two ideas together.


Be on the lookout for my next post - design development of spinning pendant in CAD!


Stay golden!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook