Let's talk about...3DESIGN Commission - engagement and wedding ring

11/11/2015

Finally got around to talk about 3DESIGN and commission I had for it - this time it was engagement and wedding ring. As far as I found my experience of 3DESIGN - it's different. I definitely can see appeal of it - the history tree and the way you can link everything, so after you modify, for example stone size or cut, changes everything to match around it - is great. User friendly interface is fine, but I found it bit annoying that if you miss one step, you can't follow through with the command. Shaper - similar to T-splines has a lot of potential, and the things you can do with it look great (I didn't get much of time to play with it though). Priceless is the fact, that the layer you work on light up on the screen - although I adore ArtCam, I'm very annoyed when I miss going to the right layer, and work in completely wrong one. But it's very different from the rest of the CAD software we were using, and maybe that's why I find it not as enjoyable as the rest of them. Commission for 3DESIGN was quite standard - customer wanted 0.5 carat diamond, stone not too high, shank around 3 mm thickness, additional stones on the shoulders, as well as brilliant or princess cut stone (client wanted to see both). Wedding band was to be with no cut outs (no wed fit!) and stone set.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook