Let's talk about...Christmas Wonderland - Spanish ring, Arabian earrings and Chinese studs

12/20/2016


It's been a while, but here it is! Triple feature of Christmas Wonderland series inspired by the Nutcracker! The last post showcased Waltz of the Snowflakes, this post will be about Spanish Dance, Arabian Dance and Chinese Dance.
As a side note - dances that take place during Clara's visit to the Land of Sweets celebrate sweets themselves. Spanish Dance, for example, celebrates chocolate, Arabian - coffee and Chinese - tea.
Today I  will begin with Spanish Dance - Chocolate.


The most distinct feature of flamenco - traditional Spanish dance - is a wonderfully ruffled costume of the female dancer. Additionally, I looked at some traditional Spanish jewellery to see if I could find any inspiration, but ruffles- that seemed a perfect starting point.



 Final ring design


The bitterness of the coffee is represented in a melancholy melody of the Arabian Dance, yet the costumes worn by dancers are usually quite flamboyant.

For more inspiration, I've looked at Arabian jewellery. It's very bold and full of stones. I wanted to somehow incorporate coffee bean motif into my design.



 Final earring design - front and side view


Chinese Dance - tea is a lovely, light and jumpy tune, full of happiness.

Originally I've looked at elaborate Chinese headpieces for inspiration, but while beautiful, I wanted something quite simple and more modern looking.
 I've turned to fans for inspiration.

 Final studs design
 Stay warm and golden!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook