Let's talk about...Christmas Wonderland - Russian Comb, Danish/French choker and Floral brooch

12/31/2016

 Did all of you have a lovely time at Christmas? I hope you did because mine was great! It's last day of the year 2016 - so as a special gift, another triple feature from Christmas Wonderland series inspired by Nutcracker.

This time we will see Russian Dance celebrating candy canes, Dance of the Mirlitons/Danish shepherdesses celebrating marzipan and Waltz of the Flowers.





I knew almost instantly that for my Russian piece I will draw influence from kokoshnik - traditional Russian headpiece. Seeing how - so far- all the pieces were different parts of jewellery, this time I decided to go with a comb.



 As I learned Dance of the Mirlitons is a play on words, because mirliton is a type of flute, as well as a pastry. Quite fitting for the Land of the Sweets!
In an original version, it was to be danced by Danish shepherdesses or French mirliton players, but I couldn't find anything that interesting costume wise - what I looked at instead were French shepherdess costumes inspired by Watteau paintings.



 While I did have necklace already, I was pretty much set on designing choker necklace - so there you have it!


 Finally Waltz of the Flowers. This is a self-explanatory piece and the theme of my design is clear as well. I was a bit torn between designing a bracelet and/or a brooch - I went with a brooch, but I might design bracelet as well when time allows. Enjoy!






 Stay golden in New Year 2017!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook