Let's talk about...Christmas Wonderland - Necklace of the Snowflake Waltz

12/08/2016

It's December already! It's hard to believe haw fast the time is passing - I already have my Christmas tree all nice and pretty, because the Christmas is almost here!
I'll tell you secret guys - I adore Christmas - the tree, fairy lights, Christmas ornaments, Christmas Eve - I love it all! And because I love Christmas so much, as a treat I've decided to start new December post series -I would like to invite all of you to Christmas Wonderland!




I'll start off with inspiration...
When putting up Christmas tree, I kept on remembering one of my most favorite Christmas ornaments ever from childhood - a ballerina. I'll bet you didn't see that coming!


 Ballerina = ballet, so, of course, my mind went to one of the loveliest  Christmas-themed ballet - the Nutcracker.


You might wonder why I love it so much? Well other than incredible music, wonderful costumes, it happens that as a young girl, I was a proud owner of the book ballet is based on - The Nutcracker and the Mouse King by E.T.A Hoffmann. I loved the story, so I love the ballet as well.

The story is quite simple - it's Christmas Eve and a girl called Clara receives a gift from her godfather - the nutcracker  in the shape of a small man. Clara is overjoyed by the gift, so when her brother Fritz accidentally breaks it, she is heartbroken. In the night she wakes up, only to encounter a terrifying battle between the army of Mouse King and toys lead by Nutcracker. Terrified Clara throws her slipper at Mouse King, allowing the Nutcracker necessary opening to kill him. The Nutcracker transforms into a Prince and takes Clara into his kingdom - The Land of Sweets where a great celebration is held in the honor of Clara.



It seemed as the perfect inspiration for magical, Christmas related series of jewellery designs.


Waltz of the Snowflakes is the first on Clara's journey into the wonderful Land of Sweets - that's where I will start.




 For Snowflake necklace I wanted to design something very delicate with ephemeral quality, designed with white and light blue stones to represent ice.










Stay warm and  stay golden!!!

















      Disclaimer
The images on first 6 slides are not my property. They belong to their rightful owners and are used for educational purposes only.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook